NAFI Board of Directors Elections
NAFI is conducting elections for two (2) positions on the NAFI Board of Directors. It is the desire of NAFI that these vacant seats be filled by the current membership of NAFI through the following nomination and selection process:
- Members will be asked to nominate individuals to serve on the NAFI Board of Directors;
- Nominations will be made by submitting a Nomination Petition to the NAFI office no later than September 1, 2010;
- Nominating Petitions will be verified by the NAFI staff on behalf of the Nominating Committee to verify the membership status of the nominee and the membership status of the signatories to the Nomination Petition. The Nominating Committee will, pursuant to the NAFI bylaws, ascertain and evaluate other aspects of the bona fides of the nominee and certify the nominee as duly qualified;
- A list of verified and qualified nominees, a brief biography of each nominee, a statement of interest/position of each nominee, and a uniquely numbered ballot will be included in the October 2010 Mentor and posted on the NAFI website contemporaneously with the distribution of the October 2010 Mentor;
- Current members of NAFI will have the opportunity to vote using ballots that will be provided. Ballots will be required to be returned to the NAFI office by Monday, October 25, 2010 for tabulation and verification by NAFI staff;
- Election results will be reported to the NAFI Board by the Nominating Committee and will be reported by the NAFI Board to the NAFI Membership through eMentor, Mentor, the NAFI website, and other appropriate media.
Members of the NAFI Board of Directors are intitally At the end of the first year, the Board members selected by this process will be eligible for continued service on the Board for a one-, two-, or three-year term of service in order to accommodate the three-year staggered terms for NAFI directors. The determination of which individual will fill the one-, two-, or three-year term of service will be randomly made. As other seats on the NAFI Board of Directors become vacant, it is the intent of the NAFI Board of Directors to fill those seats using this same nomination and election process.
Completed nominating/application forms may be submitted to the following address:
National Association of Flight Instructors
Attn: Board of Directors Nominating Committee
3101 East Milham
Kalamazoo, MI 49002
or digitally to:
To be a valid nominee for election to the NAFI Board of Directors, the following must be true:
- Nominee must be a current member of NAFI and must have been an active (dues paid) member of NAFI for at least three consecutive, uninterrupted years of membership prior to submission of the Nomination Petition.
- Nominee must be willing and able to serve the term of Board service to which nominee is being elected, and nominee must meet all qualifications for service on the NAFI Board of Directors as set forth in the NAFI Bylaws and as otherwise determined by the Board.
- Nominee is required to submit a nomination package for consideration and verification of eligibility as a candidate that will include the following:
- A written expression of interest and commitment to serve;
- Signatures of 10 other current NAFI members on the Nomination Petition*;
- A biographical statement of not more than 300 words that will be used for publication on the NAFI website and in the NAFI Mentor publication setting forth the qualifications that the nominee believes makes the nominee a good candidate for service on the NAFI Board of Directors**;
- A passport size photo taken within 1 year of the date of submission of the nominating package***;
- A signed release authorizing a full and complete background check.
- ** Inclusion of a current resume or CV is desired.
- *** Photo may be submitted digitally to NAFI but must meet publication standard quality (at least 4 mega pixel)