||NAFI CFI Insurance Program
Underwritten by Avemco Insurance Company
NAFI members now have exclusive access to the NAFI CFI Insurance Program developed and underwritten by Avemco Insurance Company—one of the most trusted insurance companies in general aviation. This enhanced product is the result of looking closely at the flight training needs of NAFI members to find a product that best meets those needs.
It’s the best insurance for NAFI members to own when instructing in a non-owned aircraft.
NAFI is dedicated to the single mission of raising and maintaining the professional standing of the flight instructor in the aviation community. Since 1967 no aviation organization has done as much to advance the cause of flight instruction as the National Association of Flight Instructors.
Avemco® is pleased to provide enhanced coverage along with the following policy features and benefits:*
- Liability coverage for professional CFIs, including coverage for past instruction as long as you have an active policy in force at the time of the accident
- Option to save premium by only purchasing coverage for the select type aircraft in which the CFI instructs, including:
- Single-engine Land & Light Sport
- Multi-engine Land
- Experimental Amateur-Built including Experimental Light Sport
- 19 options for Aircraft Damage Liability (ADL) coverage
- Up to 10% annual premium credit with the Avemco Safety Rewards Program
- Available for purchase online at your convenience
Additional policy features and benefits for the NAFI CFI Insurance Program include*:
- Up to $5,000 in legal defense costs if the FAA or civil authority takes pilot certificate enforcement or civil penalty action against you
- Bodily injury coverage options up to $200,000 each person
- Options of up to $150,000 ADL limits
- Coverage for personal use of a non-owned aircraft
- Coverage for aircraft owner's loss of use claim
- Up to $1,000 No-Fault deductible coverage if ADL purchased
- Lower premiums offered for NAFI members holding a current NAFI Master CFI accreditation
- Coverage available in Alaska (additional charges apply)
Request a quote or purchase the policy online at the Avemco website or call them at (888) 635 4306, Not yet a NAFI member? Click Here and join today!
View a comprehensive list of rates and options at http://www.avemco.com/NAFI/Rates.aspx.
The NAFI CFI Insurance Program is underwritten by Avemco Insurance Company, one of the leaders in the aviation insurance industry. Offering insurance to general aviation pilots and aircraft owners since 1961, Avemco truly understands the insurance needs of pilots. And as the only direct writer of GA insurance, you have direct access to aviation insurance specialists without the need to use a middleman.
*Not all coverages or products may be available in all jurisdictions. The description of coverage herein is for information purposes only. Actual coverages will vary based on local law requirements and the terms and conditions of the policy issued. The information described herein does not amend, or otherwise affect, the terms and conditions of any insurance policy issued by Avemco. In the event that a policy is inconsistent with the information described herein, the language of the policy will take precedence. Premium credits apply to the Direct Approach Non-Owned Aircraft Insurance Policy POL0002 (01/01/2011) and are subject to underwriting guidelines. NAFI CFI Insurance Program is not available in Hawaii.